> Logging in to Investec Online Banking
> What to do if you’ve forgotten your online banking User ID, Password or Secret
> What to do if your online banking Confirmation Phrase is incorrect
> How to stay secure when banking online
Logging in to Investec Online Banking
What to do if you've forgotten your online banking User ID, Password or Secret
If you can’t remember your online banking User ID, Password or Secret, please call us 24/7/365 on 0845 366 6333 (+44 20 7597 4131 if calling from outside the UK) and we can help you reset your missing piece of personal security information.
If you’re not sure which piece of personal security information to use when logging in to online banking, take a look at our Logging in to online banking page.
What to do if your online banking Confirmation Phrase is incorrect
Your Confirmation Phrase will have been created by you when you first logged in to online banking. It is a word or phrase, familiar to you, which we show to you as part of the log in process. This helps you know that you are logging in to the right site with the right log in credentials.
If the Confirmation Phrase you’re being shown in online banking is incorrect, this means that you are either not on the correct Investec Online Banking site, or that you have entered one or more of your pieces of personal security information incorrectly.
To be certain that you are on the correct Investec Online Banking site, always access online banking from the Investec homepage (www.investec.co.uk): click on the Log in button on the top-right corner of the page, and select ‘Private Banking UK’ from the dropdown list. Investec Online Banking will always show up as a SSL certificated site, registered to Investec PLC [GB].
How to stay secure when banking online
We place the highest priority on the confidentiality and security of your financial information and transactions, and as part of our commitment to your security, we offer you a safe and secure environment in which to carry out your online banking.
You can also help protect yourself against cyber crime by following a few precautions:
- Install and regularly update a personal firewall and anti-virus product on all your computing devices (such as computers, tablets and mobile phones)
- Regularly update your operating system and browser on all your computing devices
- Do not open unsolicited emails with attachments
- Regularly review your ‘Sent items’ email folder for any messages that may have been sent without your knowledge
- Never email, write down or divulge your personal security information
- Don’t leave a computing device unattended while logged on to Investec Online Banking
- Always fully log off from Investec Online Banking once you have completed your online banking activities
The internet itself is also a good source of information about keeping yourself safe.
If you ever have any suspicion that a fraudster has your Investec Online Banking details, or that someone has accessed your account using online banking, please contact us immediately on 0845 366 6333 (+44 20 7597 4131 if calling from outside the UK).